Low cell binding cultureware
Super hydrophilic polymer is immobilized to the surface of the cultureware at nano-thickness.
Lowest attachment rate among similar competitive brands.
- Key features
- Application data / References
- Inquiries and Sample / Catalog requests
- For formation of embryoid bodies of ES cells in culture
- For formation of anchorage-independent colonies
- For differentiation such as cartilage (spheroid formation)
- For culture & storage of macrophage/immune cells
- For screening of anti-cancer drugs (replacement for soft agar assays)
Advantages of HydroCell®
- Reliable for collection of scarce samples.
- Hand crafted to ensure highest quality.
- HydroCell® surface designed to prevent cell attachment
- Improved macrophage culture "in vitro".
- Embryoid body formation of ES cells.
- Spheroid formation in culture.
- Screening for anti-cancer drugs.
Instructions of usage
- Culturing cells
- Do not scratch the surface of the cultureware when disseminating cells or changing medium.
- Otherwise same level of caution as non-polymer coated cultureware applies.
- After collecting cell
- The product is inteded for one-time use only. Please do not re-use the product.
Macrophage were cultured on 3 different dishes holding other variables constant. Attached cells were observed on dish (2) and (3), whereas more than 99% of cells were afloat for (1) HydroCell®.
(1)HydroCell® (2)Other low binding dish (3)Non-coated
A-549 were cultured on 2 different dishes holding other variables constant. Almost all the cells attached to the surface of the dish for (2). On the other hand, more than 99% of cells were afloat for (1) HydroCell®
- Low attachment comparison with competitive brands
NRK(Normal Rat Kidney) was seeded on respective competitive low cell binding cultureware for 5 days. After 5 days, cell adhesion was measured by absorbance. Anchorage-dependent cells' proliferation inhibition (measure by absorbance) clearly shows the performance advantages of HydroCell® over all competitors.
- Accuracy of the difference between promotion of cell growth for anchorage-independent cells and inhibition of that of anchorage-dependent cells.
From the comparitive data above, it was observed that HydroCell® inhibits cell attachment than any other brands. Another attribute sought for low cell binding cultureware is that it promotes cell growth for "anchorage independent cells" but resists the proliferation of "anchorage-dependent" cells. To prove HydroCell®'s performance on this issue, we have prepared 2 dishes each for repspective brands and seeded NRK, which is "anchorage dependent cells" on one dish, and NRK-src1, which is a cancer cell therefore "anchorage independent", on the other. Cells were cultured for 5 days. After 5 days, the number of cells alive was measured by the absorbance and we have calculated the ratio by dividing the number of NRK-src1 alive by the number of NRK alive. The results clearly shows that HydroCell® correctly promotes cell growth for anchorage independent cells but inhibits that of anchorage dependent cells. HydroCell® could be used for the screening of the anti-cancer drug.
- Competitive evaluation of HydroCell® for embryoid body formation of ES Cells (human)
ES cells were seeded onto HydroCell® and bacteria dish and cultured. Round and non-adherent embryoid body was formed with HydroCell® whereas cells adhered to bacteria dish. (20%FBS)
Application data / References
|Format||Max. external dimensions, mm||Culture area, cm2/well||Suggested working Volume, mL/well||Cat. No.||Units per pack / case|
|96 Multi-well plate
|24 Multi-well plate||86(L)×128(W)||1.9cm2/well||1mL/well||CS2006||20|
|12 Multi-well plate||86(L)×128(W)||3.5cm2/well||2mL/well||CS2002||20|
|6 Multi-well plate||86(L)×128(W)||9.6cm2/well||3mL/well||CS2008||20|
Inquiries and Sample / Catalog requests
Click here for frequently asked questions, inquiries and sample / catalog requests for HydroCell®.